Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Faced Beauty Conundrum

I've been watching Baby Faced Beauty. This is my first drama of the main leads. Gosh, I've been disappointed. First of all, I hate female characters that are stupid. Sure, the character has some talent but the way she takes abuse, it makes me cringe.The premise of the show is about a 34 year old lady mistaken to be much younger and she gets a job because of that. Jang Nara's character is supposed to be 34 and pretend 25. Yet, she seems to act so dumb. She's supposed to be sweet but She's a 34 year old. I feel no maturity in the character. I mean when you are in your 30's, you are still young but still have some life experiences and maturity. The male lead is dorky but so far he's grating on my nerves. The villains have no depth. One of the reasons I like 49 days so much is that the villains are three dimensional. They are not your stock baddies. You get to see some insight in the way they act. I know it is unfair to judge a drama with just 4 episodes so far and I am hoping it gets better. But, still, show you better improve with character motivations and storyline. At least, I am happy with Best Love. Hong Sisters have never let me down. 49 Days is ending this week. So sad but excited at the same time. Oh, Did anyone saw the season finale of The Good Wife. I found the last scene not much of a surprise. But, they did set up nicely for future conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment