Friday, May 20, 2011

49 Days: Thoughts and Reflections and The Mentalist Finale

Sorry for not blogging but I needed some time to reflect on the amazing Korean show 49 days and The Mentalist Season 3 Finale. Before I go any further, Let me say, this discussion contains spoilers. Please stop if you still have not seen the finale.

Wow, the finale. It was amazing. While, I was watching episode 19, my sister remarked that Yi Kyung probably wasn't going to end up romantically with Kang. It just made sense. From the beginning, I had guessed that the tears were going to come fom Kang, Seo Woo and In Jung so I wasn't shocked. But, what was pleasant was how the events I expected from the beggining came in such a way in the later episodes that they became surprising. I was surprised by the whole Yi Kyung being Ji hyun's sister. I didn't think it was necessary but I wasn't unhappy about it. Now, to the most important revelation.  Ji Hyun dies. Was I sad? Yes. Did it make sense for her to die? Sorta yeah! Sure, I wanted my Ji hyun to have a fairytale ending with Kang. I loved these characters. But the story is about life and death. Life is never easy and death is unexpected. 49 Days was a boon for Ji Hyun because she could protect her family, reconnect with a person who truly loved her and live a life that made a difference. 49 days is in the same league as the drama Devil (Mawang). They are the sort of shows that entertain you but also make the viewers think, reflect , ponder.

49 Days is a Must watch Korean Drama 



Now, to The Mentalist Finale. It is an American TV show I've been watching for 3 years. This and Castle are my favourite crime shows. Okay, I also really liked Body of Proof this season. Um, why am I talking about it? Red John is exposed in this finale or is he? The ending left me feeling uncomfortable yet satisfied. Wow, probably the best finale in this shows history. I'll be honest, I didn't like Craig and knew from the start of this episode that he would be the mole. Glad he's dead.  I expect to see a lot more of Hightower. I really liked her. Do you think Lisbon survives the gun shots. And Patrick, does he descent more into darkness or does he finally confront his own demons? I have so many questions, I cannot wait for Season 4.

P.S; I'll do a intro to Bollywood actors. Super excited! Also, I still have a lot more to say about Baby faced Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment