Monday, May 2, 2011

19 Movie Review

I decided to review of this movie because I couldn't find one. Nineteen is a movie starring T.O.P, Seungri and Huh Yi Jae. The movie is about three 19 year olds who somehow become the prime suspects in a murder. In terms of plot, I could figure it out within the first ten minute who was going to get killed and who the real murderer is. This does not mean the movie is without merit. I loved seeing different parts of Korea. Cinematography is very nicely done. T.O.P is a surprisingly good actor and even Seungri was okay. The movie explores difficulties of being teenagers. They are at a cusp of adulthood yet all three characters grapple with uncertainty and doubts. The movie did remind me of The Breakfast club even though they are dissimilar in plot. The whole bonding of three kids with varied backgrounds was reminiscent of that movie.  Although, I must add the whole three unlikely teenagers bonding was better done in Nobuta wo Produce. Even the issues teenagers have to deal with were better in that show.

My verdict: the movie is decent, watch it if you are a big fan of the leads.

P.S: If you are easily offended by swear words, I apologize. I do try to not use bad words in this blog. However, even thinking about Osama brought out some colorful language. Howver in the case kids view my blog I have removed the word, k:)

No comments:

Post a Comment