Friday, September 2, 2011

Pyar ki yeh ek kahaani: The Indian Vampire Diaries

When I heard there was an Indian vampire show, I was intrigued. So, this is an Indian show "loosely" based on Twilight and Vampire Diaries. It's got a female character (lead) that is the soul mate of our vampire but has a doppelganger who was the first love of the vampire and is now evil. Oh, well that is a direct copy of Vampire Diaries. It's also got a love triangle between a Vampire, human girl and a werewolf just like Twilight. I guess, Twilight was very popular in India. No, I am not watching the show. I am not interested in Vampire Diaries or Teen Wolf but I do like Supernatural. Jensen Ackles is my man. You can read more about the show at the Wiki page.

Here are the leads:

Abhay Raichand (the Vampire) played by Vivan Dsena.


Source: travelpod.com

Jeh Khurana (Werewolf) played by Rithvick Dhanjani


Source: india-forums.com

I just couldn't find a lot of pics of this guy.


Piya Dobryal (nice human girl) / Maithali (evil Vampire doopleganger) played by Sukriti Kandpal.



Source: mypera.com


I've only seen the promos for this show and it looks like none of them can act. The guy who plays Vampire looks constipated. It doesn't seem very good but if you are curious you can find episodes uploaded on Youtube. BTW, why are all the Indian soap stars so pasty. They only pick fair ones for TV shows.






No comments:

Post a Comment