Monday, June 20, 2011

Why I like Amber and other strong female idols!

Amber


There's a lot of buzz on the Internet over whether Amber from f(x) is a lesbian. I am not a fan of  f(x) but I do like Amber. I think she's one of the most talented members of that group and she doesn't fit into the traditional mold of cute K-pop idol. Of course, this doesn't mean Amber isn't cute or beautiful but she's not cookie cutter cute like Yoona. In fact, I personally do gravitate toward K-pop idols who are immensely talented but have a strong image.

When 2ne1 debuted, I was immediately drawn to CL. I was also impressed by Minzy. It was only after 2ne1 TV that I warmed up to Bom and Dara.


Source: colegioexcelsior.com

 Same goes with Narsha from Brown Eyed Girls. She had such a strong presence in her videos and stage performances, I was drawn to her. K-pop universe is filled with beautiful idols. Some of them are talented and successful and some are successful *cough* Kara *cough* but do not have the strongest vocals. Maybe it is my Western bias but I do tend to gravitate toward personalities that are strong and individualistic. I'd rather watch some one interesting and thought provoking than cute and bland. So, go ahead and bring out the personalities ladies.

On a completely different note, if S.M. entertainment decides to do a Korean version of Hana Kimi, I want Amber to be Ashiya Mizuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment