Friday, June 3, 2011

Celebrity Hate Mail

Hi, Sorry for lack of posts. I've been under the weather and didn't feel like doing much. However, that didn't stop me from watching my favourite Asian dramas. How awesome was the Cola Kiss in Lie to me?  But the ending, Gah. I wanna smack Yoon Joo. Oh, Best Love is also making me cry. I love Dokko Jin. Anyway, this post is about the crap people post on Internet anonymously about celebrities. Warning: if you don't like reading rants, do not read this!!!! 

 I'll be honest there are tons of celebrities I do not like. If they are actors, maybe I do not like their acting. Some celebrities have attitude problem. Some I like but they or their stylist chooses to dress them like clowns. These are what I consider legitimate criticisms. What I don't get is the vitriol and hate some celebrities get without any legit criticism being presented. Here are some of the comments of celebrities who just get hate for the weirdest reason

Aishwarya Rai

Source: bollygraph.com

There just seems to be a lot of vitriol against her. Also, many women seem to hate her. It just saddens me that the women are harsher on another women simply because she is successful. Again I understand that people might find her personality too cold, her acting underwhelming and her clothing choices blah. But the women is beautiful. I do think she is a decent actress. What I don't get is when people anonymously post she's a slut, a whore. Now such comments are posted on almost every female celebrities music video, web site, etc. However, I do not see what Ash did to merit such comments. Is it the "skimpy" clothes in Dhoom 2. Because, seriously she is an actress and she can choose to wear whatever she wants. None of her actions suggest she is in fact a "skank."

Female Idols in Korea also get criticized for the wrong reason. Case in point: Bom of 2ne1 is Fat.


Source: en.korea.com

Um, are they blind? Sure her face might be full and not gaunt but the girl ain't fat. Have you ever seen a Fat person. Personally, I hate the word fat. It gets abused around and perfectly healthy girls are targeted and made to feel awful about themselves. I am a believer in healthy weight. Canada is suffering from a large number of people are obese and yes I'd love them to lose weight for the right reasons i.e. to live longer and be with their family.


Source: asianpopcorn.com

 I know Suzy from Miss A has been called fat. Dear Suzy girl, you are perfectly fine the way you are and believe me there are tons of girls who'd probably love to look like you.

Some celebrities are called too mannish. This is for soe reason attributed to awesome Tilda Swinton.


Source: topnews.in

I, seriously, love this women. She is a great actress and so diffferent. I just am fine with people criticizing as long it is not hateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment