Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Is Hallyu wave in Europe being overstated?

 I felt really glad that so many European fans got to go to SM town concert in Paris. But, the news in Korea seems abuzz that K-pop is the next big thing in Europe. I don't think that's the case yet. I do think k-pop's still got a long way to go before it becomes successful in the West. The truth is that most people in Canada have never heard of K-pop. Most of my friends aren't interested in K-pop; Believe me, I've tried enticing them but they just don't care. For some the language barrier is too big and sadly others find the music too bubblegum for their taste. I've got relatives in Germany and my brother's got friends there. The girls who are young listen to American music and bands like Paramore. They don't seem interested in K-pop stuff. I do think they need to market K-pop to fans of Manga. They are a lot of young girls who are fans of mangas/manhwas and would see a live action. They are open minded and listen to J-pop. K-pop would naturally fit their tastes. So, K-pop still gotta try harder!


No comments:

Post a Comment