Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vancouver Stanley Cup Debacle

I was debating whether to do this post. After all, the blog is not about NHL. On the other hand, I live in Canada and events here do affect me. Now, some of you may not know but Ice hockey is big here. It is part of most Canadians identity. So, yesterday Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup. They deserved it. Before you accuse me of my East Coast Bias, let me tell you I was hoping Vancouver Canucks were going to win. They didn't and I accepted that and went back to sleep. However, some idiots decided to destroy businesses, properties and police cars in Vancouver. These thugs also dragged down the name of the city in the mud. I truly feel sorry for Vancouverites. I remember the G20 protests in Toronto when some anarchists hijacked legitimate protests and many innocent people got arrested. These idiots should be put in jail and for future Hockey Fans, Please do not cause a riot if your team wins or loses.

For more news on the incident, Read this article from Vancouver Sun.

Also, many Vancouvrites helped clean the city. More information on this over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment