Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where have sane people gone?

Today, I was walking past my university and saw a guy holding a sign that stated my university in Toronto had become a hot bed for Jihad. Now, we do see various protests occuring in and around university but this just took the cake. I mean, seriously it is a liberal university and I suspect most students are on the left spectrum of political ideology. When did left wing ideology had anything common with extremist right wing Islamic ideology? Most students who are not left wing are right of centre.
Read the comments in this article by politico and you will be forgiven if you think most of the commentators are uneducated.
Gosh, people understand you isms. You know like the actual meaning of liberalism, conservatism , Marxism etc. Go read the actual works of Weber, Adam Smith, Karl Marx, Nietzsche. Maybe take political theory at local college.
So far, all I've seen on the most comment sections of major Canadian, American, Indian, Israeli newspapers is just vitriol. Most of the time there are no rational facts behind the statements. Is it too much to ask for fact based opinions people?

No comments:

Post a Comment