Friday, January 21, 2011

Fables by Bill Willingham.

I thought, I'd share this awesome comic book with y'all. Although, I  am a big fan of mangas, they are not the only comics I read. I grew up on Spiderman cartoon series and read the awesome Indian comics Amar Chitra Katha. I read Fables during my freshman year at university and fell in love with it. Due to school and work commitment, I've only read up to Arabian Nights (and days).

Fables is a creative retelling of modern fairytales. I love how some of the beloved sweet fairytales characters are dark and twisted. If you dislike the Disney version of fairy tales, you'll love this. The art work is beautiful with guest artists contributing also. For example, 1001 Nights of Snowfall has guest artists doing the art work. The series does deal with mature themes so I would not recommend it for kids. It's definitely an adult take on fairy tales and folklore.

Image is from dccomics.com


P.S: I am sorry, I keep changing the blog template but the blog's still kinda new so I am experimenting. I am realy happy with this new template. Its simple and has colour scheme I am partial to.

No comments:

Post a Comment