Thursday, January 6, 2011

My favourite Shojo Manga

Hi, I'm sorry, I didn't post anything but life's been hectic and with the way things are going, I might have to quit the new job. Aww man, I really don't want to do that but University comes first. I also dropped a course midway and believe me it hurts. I was pretty proud that I stuck through my courses and passed all of em. But this course, I didn't need it and I was kinda finding it boring. FYI, the course I dropped is called History of Espionage. Sounds interesting and is boring! I also have a pretty big  fine on my library card. 2011 isn't going that well for me eh?
Anyway, I've decided to do a post on my  favourite shojo mangas. They are in following order from the absolutely obsessed to slightly less obsessed but still loved mangas.

1. Skip Beat
2. Kimi ni Todoke
3. We Were There
4. Sand Chronicles
5. High School Debut
6. Lovely Complex
7. Crimson Hero
8. Absolute Boyfriend
10. Otomen

Does anyone know what genre Yotsuba and I is? Because it is one of my absolutely favourite manga but I don't think it is Shojo. You might notice my manga choice leads toward Romantic Comedy with Comedy taking the lead in many of the mangas.

 Mangas that didn't make it to top 10 but I still like are Wallflower, Vampire Knight, Monkey High, Imadoki, Baby and me, Hana Yori Dango, Absolute Boyfriend, Aishiteruze Baby. You might have also noticed I didn't put the very popular Fruits Basket on the list. That's because I still haven't read it. Is it any good? Hana Kimi, Ouran High School Host club, Nana I've seen only as anime and they are so good.

P.S: I just found out that they are making the Taiwanese version of Absolute Boyfriend with Goo Hye Sun (the lead in Korean Boys before Flowers) and Wu Chun. Source: Wikipedia, Wiki.d-addicts.com
Since, Wu Chun is one of my favourite Taiwanese idols, I am so excited for this show.  I just hope that Hye-Sun acts better in this show. There's also a good Japanese live action of this manga called Zettai Kareshi. Sorry for the long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment