Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Japanese Fashion and Kawaii obsession

Hey sorry for the sluggish rate of posts. Busy with student life. So, I am gonna be a lazy ass and give you link to these fun sites you can waste spend your time on.

I've always been intrigued by Japanese fashion, it's so different and fun. I love the various Japanese sub cultures like Lolita, Kogal etc. For those of you who may not know what I am talking about, Wiki does do an awesome job by making the terminology accessible to people who know nothing about Japan..

 If you Google Japanese street fashion, you'll get a lot of hits.
Here are some fun ones.

Fashion Japan: In English, loads of fun. Can spend day looking through all the "models."

Style Arena: It is in Japanese but you can get it translated in English. Anyway, it's fine since you are looking at pictures. Another great site, love how they highlight these cool shops. I seriously copy the shop names and put them in my folder called things to do in Japan list. Sadly my dream to go to Japan is still far far away.

Harajukustyle: Oh, if you are into visual Kei or just want to try out any of the Japanese fashion trends, check them out. They've got links to cool online shops.
Since, I love Kawaii (cute) accessories and stationery, I especially recommend Chicki. I want the Gloomy Bear file. Well, someone's birthday is next month, I hope my benefactors cough parents cough are listening.

Here's some of the items I lust from Chicki.
The Mario Plush bag. There was a guy in my class last year who had a Ninja turtle bag and ever since that day, I've had major bag envy. This bag would rectify it.


This cute pocket mirror. The tags got a Panda on it. Awww.  It is god's way of telling me that I have a right to purchase this.


Totoro Wallet

I confess, if I was loaded I'd buy everything from this site. They do ship to Canada. Yay.

All the images are of course from Chicki.co.uk.

BTW, I tried to scan some of the images from Kimi ni todoke vol.6 for this blog but it didn't work out. My printer is possessed and I need to exorcise it by taking it to the tech geeks at Best Buy. If it gets fixed, I'll post more manga updates and reviews. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment