Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Taiwanese Dramas: how I really got addicted to Asian Pop culture

I didn't just wake up one day and decided to start watching Asian dramas. It was really an accidental discovery. Back in 2007, I was searching for the Hana Kimi Anime on Youtube. I didn't find the anime, this is when Youtube was starting to enforce copyright regulations. However, I did find the live adaptation of the manga and it was in Taiwanese. I was curious, so I clicked on the first episode with english subs and I was pleasently surprised. I found myself liking the show and it led me to discover other dramas. So, I really request anyone to try watching an asian drama, maybe one from my list or one that you happen to find the most intersting.
Taiwanese dramas are made in Taiwan and have the same format as K-dramas but with more episodes. I found that Taiwanese dramas tend to do a lot of adaptations of mangas and they seem to stick much closer to the original script than the J-dramas. One can also find Taiwanese dramas based on a manhua. You can read more about Taiwanese dramas here.

As always, I give you my list of Taiwanese dramas to watch:
1. Hana Kimi
2. Fated to love you (based on a manhua)
3. Devil Beside you
4.Romantic Princess
5.Prince Turns to Frog
6.Smiling Pasta
7. Why Why Love?
8.Autumn's Concerto
9. Down with Love
10. Bump Off Lover (Very different from any other Asian dramas)




I know this post is long but the next post is going to be much shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment