Thursday, April 28, 2011

Band Baaja Baraat movie review

Source:lifestyle.iloveindia.com


Oh, Bollywood. Why don't you give us more movies like Band Baaja Barrat. It was released last year in December, I believe. But, I only watched it like a week ago. Before I even go into Plot summary, I just wanna say, I really love the female character in this movie. Okay now to the review.
The movie is about two young college graduates who decide to open a business of wedding planning. The female character is Shruti Kakkar and it was her idea of wedding planning. Bitto Sharma, the male lead just joins her because he does not want to go back to his village. He literally begs Shruti to take him as his business partner. Shruti doesn't want to because she doesn't want to mix business with love and is worried he'll fall in love with her. Both characters compliment each other beautifully in both business and life. Eventually, Shruti falls in love with him but will Bitto reciprocate and break the rule of not mixing business with love.

Okay now to spoiler ridden discussion. okay, I don't give way any plot but some people don't want to know anything.
One thing i loved about this movie was the characters. They were lovable yet flawed. It was also nice to see no villains in the movie. the characters are their worst enemies.  Shruti was such a refreshing character from usual Bollywood trope. She was independent, had a career yet she was lovable, sentimental human. I also loved how they portrayed sex in the movie. Yes, this movie has a sex scene, not anything graphic. Oh, it also has some kissing scenes. I didn't feel repulsed watching them like I usually do with some Bollywood movies. I actually thought they were done beautifully. Bitto, I liked him as a character but I found that his character didn't mature as much as Shruti. Still, Bitto was a fun male lead. Spoilers endeth here.


Now to the songs, I love the music in this movie and it wasn't jarring. The music fit the movie perfectly.


My verdict: Definately watch this movie and but the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment