Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Delhi Belly : movie Review

Source: India-forums.com


I promised a movie review for Delhi Belly but became too busy. Well, I finally saw the movie and I liked it. It is a spoiler free review because I want y'all to see it yourself. The movie revolves around three friends Tashi, Nitin and Arup who are asked to drop off a package on behalf of Tashi's girlfriend Sonia. The guys make a mistake and it creates a huge misunderstanding and they get in a lot of trouble with some gangsters. 
The movie's plot was okay but what was refreshing about this movie was its openness. Previous Hindi comedies hinted at sex but were never brave enough to openly laugh about it. Well, this movie is full of toilet humor, swear words and sex which is a staple of many American comedies. My mom thought it was vulgar but she hasn't seen Harold and Kumar goes to White castle which is an excellent comedy BTW.
 But, I digress, I liked that the protagonists made mistakes, were more three dimensional. I enjoyed the realistic cinematography. I love seeing "real India". You know the one with bad infrastructure, cows, crazy traffic. With the exception of one song, most of the songs are used as background score and used very briefly. I was surprised because I liked the music videos. But, it worked overall and moved the plot along. Most of all, this movie made me laugh, a sign of a successful comedy.That's because that is the India I grew up in. Good comedy and I've come to expect some thing different from Mr. Aamir Khan.

My verdict: Watch it, it is funny.

p.s: There is an English version of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment