Thursday, October 20, 2011

SNSD: The boys, English version!

So, I finally have the English version. What this video made me realize is that how many times I accept mediocrity in k-pop because I love K-pop and I make up excuses for less than stellar material. I hated the English version. I must add that the girls did a great job singing in English. Only 2 girls are fluent in English but I thought all of them had good pronunciations. No ling ding dong or shuper Junior in this video. It is just that English is my language and I am harder on American singers. I just cannot see this song breaking SNSD into America and becoming successfull. It is not the girls fault but that SM constantly gives them crappy material. Hiring Teddy Riley does not result in stellar material. American Pop is dominated right now by Lady Gaga. How the hell is this song supposed to compete with her? As of now, I recommend listening to the  Korean version. Until k-pop brings an act that is decent in English, I'll keep listening to Vampire Weekend, Das Racist, MGMT and Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment